Draft Agenda - a final, detailed agenda will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
OCTOBER 4 | TUESDAY
- Noon: Group will meet in Merced, meet and greet with lunch on campus, tour the campuses of UC Merced and Merced College, discuss orientation and the objectives of the course
- Module 1: Meet the Chancellor, Dr. Juan Sånchez Muñoz, Former USMC; Module 2: Private Sector Careers & Veterans Pathways - Gallo; Module 3: How to Transfer from Military Service to the Campus
- 1830: A group dinner in Merced, where the cohort will meet and get to know each other and course sponsors and instructors
- Overnight: El Capitan Hotel in Merced
OCTOBER 5 | WEDNESDAY
- Travel to Yosemite National Park in the morning for benefits* discussion by CalVet experts at the NatureBridge campus facility at Henness Ridge
- Afternoon: Module 4: Calvet Services & Federal Careers - Veterans Services, Module 5: Career Options & Discussions on Site At Crane Flat
- Evening: Dinner followed by Module 6: Union Pacific - Career Pathways for Veterans
- Overnight: Class will be staying at the Yosemite Park View Lodge in El Portal at the west entrance to the park on Highway 140
OCTOBER 6 | THURSDAY
- Travel from Yosemite View to Henness Ridge for Module 7: Starbucks Coffee's Veteran Career Paths
- Travel from Henness Ridge to Yosemite Valley Module 8: Field Presentations on Career Options such as search and rescue, paramedicine, law enforcement, and more. Module 9: Presentation by USNPS
- Special Presentation: Ansel Adams Gallery Tour led by veteran Dr. Michael Adams
- Overnight: Yosemite Park View Lodge
OCTOBER 7 | FRIDAY
- Travel to the south end of Yosemite to visit the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias for Module 12: The Critical Role of a Science Education in Park Operations
- Afternoon: Working lunch at Tenaya Lodge for Module 13: Interpretation Career Paths; Course Critiques and Certificates
- 1330: Depart Yosemite and return to Merced by approximately 1510.
* This will include specifically how to access the GI Bill, certain health and wellness benefits, additional veterans benefits such as access to home mortgages and support for family members, and resume writing and interview procedures.